Exploring a new passion. Connecting with neighbors. Choosing your next adventure. Uncovering a hidden talent. These are things that energize and inspire us daily. And they’re what our wellness program was built upon. Zest Wellness is SRG’s signature, science-based program that takes a holistic approach to well-being, incorporating the mind, body, and soul.
Zest inspires the Mind with creative and intellectual expression. Keeps the Body in tune with daily motion and attention to nutrition by offering FreshZest®, a selection of healthy, whole-food plant-forward menu options. And feeds the Soul through engaging social and personal connections.
The fundamentals of Zest wellness
Mind, Body, and Soul
Because wellness is an individual journey, Zest offers a wide range of experiences that appeal to each individual’s challenges, strengths, and goals. SRG focuses not only on the body, but on the mind and the soul — three areas of wellness that we believe are vital and interconnected and contribute to an individual’s state of being.
A Curious Mind
Creating, learning, connecting; inspiration and expression; individually or together: the mind loves to be engaged, and we make sure it never gets boring!
- Go back to school with our Lifelong Learning university seminars.
- Explore new technology with family video chats.
- Read your favorite books with your friends in a Book Club.
- Connect with the younger generation by mentoring an elementary school class.
- Write your memoir and share it with your friends and family.
Movement is Medicine
For your body, feeling and looking your best is all about getting the right energy flowing. Try sweating, breathing, or dancing your way to great results!
- Taste how delicious health can be with our plant-forward FreshZest® menu options.
- Put pep in your step with a Zumba or Tai Chi class.
- Try a dynamic new spin on cycling with an energizing spinning class.
- Join a club on the go, like a friendly walking club.
A Joyful Soul
Whether communing with yourself or connecting with others, nothing fulfills and nourishes life like great vibes, deep conversation, and unbridled fun.
- Add belly laughs to belly breathing during our Laughter Yoga classes.
- Enjoy Happy Hour filled with pleasant conversation and new friends.
- Join the most cheerful choir in town with our fun music therapy groups.
- Sow joy and contentment by growing your own plants in the garden.
- Try a new Let’s Dish menu choice inspired by a fellow resident’s recipe.
Explore our Vibrant Communities
At the very core of our Zest wellness program is the power of connection. For more than 35 years we’ve been pioneering the fully engaged life for our senior residents. Connection to passions, people and pursuits are key to longevity and quality of everyday life. We truly believe that together we thrive.
Well-being for every Journey
Zest for Life
Wellness is the act of purposeful engagement in a healthy lifestyle; nourishing your mind, body, and soul with daily activities that promote optimal physical, emotional, cognitive, social, and mental well-being outcomes—so you’re thriving, instead of just surviving. Every person is an individual. Every journey should be personalized. We believe in meeting you where you are in your personal journey, so you feel your best at any age and fitness level.
ZestFit: The Power of Movement
More Energy With Zest
From fearless athletes to the world’s oldest yogi, everyone has their own reasons for moving. But one thing is true for all: movement energizes, makes us stronger and nurtures the soul. SRG’s signature ZestFit program was created to promote the core elements of good health—no matter age, fitness level, or goals.
Move Your Way
Onsite fitness centers offer a variety of choices in equipment, exercise programs, and classes. With a focus on the core elements of cardio, strength and balance, it’s easy to embrace a healthier lifestyle at any level of fitness or experience. Whether it’s yoga, tai chi, pool exercise, weight training, cycling, running or dance, we’ve got options for all preferences. You can join a walking or hiking club or team up with an instructor to create your own training routine, utilizing any of the various wellness programs, activities and equipment available.
A Body in Motion
Regular physical activity can positively impact the body and mind in many scientifically proven ways:
- Weight management
- Improve balance and range of motion
- Strengthen bones, protect joints and preserve brain function
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, breast and colon cancer, depression, and falls
- Regular strength training can improve confidence in daily movement plus improve bone and muscle density
- Many balance or stability problems caused by aging, side effects of medication or conditions such as arthritis, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple Sclerosis may respond well to Balance Class exercises
- Stretching practices in yoga, tai chi and barre classes loosen, strengthen, and can improve posture and balance.
The Science of Zest
By continuously collecting feedback from residents and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, our Zest teams craft robust, ever-evolving calendars of social activities and wellness programming that residents not only love, but that also promote healthy lifestyle habits, engagement, and connection.
We use the latest evidence-based, peer-reviewed science to ensure we are continually enhancing our programming to keep it fresh, vibrant, and functional – especially as our residents’ needs evolve. This approach allows us to create unique offerings including health-promoting friendly competition, energetic social connections, and personalized experiences.
Residents can improve their health with integrated technology, innovative programming, and community health services to sustain positive well-being. Our online resident communication platform offers messaging, activities calendars, transportation scheduling, informational alerts and notifications, family connections, photo sharing, and much more.